What's your heritage?
Christian Heritage Church was birthed out of the Azusa Street Revival. From it’s beginnings in the early part of the 1900’s, Christian Heritage Church has always been a place of healing and refuge for the people of Tallahassee. The strength of our church, from the beginning, was founded on the truth of God’s Word and a continued flow of the compassion of our people and the power of the Holy Spirit. Over the last century Christian Heritage Church has continued a steady pace of growth and relevance. In an inviting atmosphere where the presence of God has first place, the worship services at Christian Heritage Church are enjoyed by people from every possible background. Standing as a beacon of hope and light in the Northern Florida and Southern Georgia region, Christian Heritage Church brings Jesus Christ alive to hundreds of lives every week. Christian Heritage Church is special. God has kept His hand on and sovereignly blessed and led this church in unique ways for over 100 years.
what are your beliefs on the gifts of the holy spirit?
Through the continuing operation of the Holy Spirit working in our midst today, we believe that all of the gifts and offices of the Holy Spirit are active in the church today. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:11).
What are you beliefs on the baptism of the holy spirit?
We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is an additional anointing or impartation, that occurs after regeneration for those that seek it (Acts 8:15-17). The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not necessary for salvation, it is a subsequent blessing to empower the believer and stir up their spiritual gifts.
What are you beliefs on water baptism?
We believe that water baptism was done as soon after salvation as possible by the early church, and that this practice should continue today. We believe that water baptism is done by complete immersion of the body into water. By going completely under and coming back up, water baptism symbolizes death to the old life of sin and resurrection of a new life to be lived for Christ.
What do you offer for SINGLE PARENTS?
We admire you! We greatly respect what you are doing and we want to help you! We offer Biblical Studies, fellowship times, mentorships, outreaches, parents’ night out, practical workshops and prayer partners.
What are your beliefs on Jesus?
- Jesus is the living Word (logos) that was made flesh (John 1:1-14).
- Jesus pre-existed with God in eternity (John 1:1).
- Jesus was and is God (John 1:1).
- Jesus was born of a virgin by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35), and was born from above by the Spirit.
- Jesus was fully human as well as being fully Divine. He emptied Himself from heaven to come to earth to take on humanity, in order to be a sacrifice for our sins.
- Jesus was a perfect sacrifice as He was and is sinless. Being sinless, He fulfilled the Law for us, and when we accept Jesus into our hearts, God sees Christ, His perfect righteousness in us, and declares us “not guilty” because of the perfect work of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- Jesus is the only way to the Father. We will all die and face the judgment. God is a holy God and must judge sin. There is no other way to salvation, and no other way to grace except through the atoning work of Jesus Christ at Calvary. Jesus is the way, and the truth, and the life (John 14:6-7).
- Jesus was resurrected on the third day, and ascended into heaven, where He is seated at the right hand of God, where he is the Head of the Church, which is His Body.
What are you beliefs on the lord's supper?
We believe in the holy ordinance of taking communion as a remembrance of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for our sins.
What are your service times?
We have service and/or classes on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM and service on Sundays at 10:30 AM.
what do you believe about PRAYER AND HEALING?
At Christian Heritage Church we believe that included in the finished work of Christ is provision for our healing – spirit, soul and body. We have healing and prayer teams trained to deal with physical healing, inner healing and deliverance; as well as hospital visitation teams. We currently meet on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for training and the laying on of hands. Sometime we pray for a person once and sometimes we pray several times as we connect our faith with theirs to believe for total and complete healing. We also believe that inner healing – wounds from the past and issues of life stemming from our thought life and relationships – take place through Biblical counseling. We offer counseling to our members and regular attenders as well offering referral services to other Christ-centered counselors in our area.